It is easy to insert one blank row or column in Microsoft Excel at a time. However, it will not be easy to insert multiple blank rows or columns, and it may be harder to insert multiple rows or columns alternately. But the Insert Blank Rows & Column tool of Kutools for Excel can help you insert multiple rows or columns at specific interval quickly.
Click Kutools > Insert > Insert Blank Rows & Columns. See Screenshots:
In this article:
Insert Blank Rows Every Other (Nth) Rows
Supposing you have a range which you want to insert blank rows every other rows, you can quickly deal with it with following steps:
1. Select the range that you want to insert blank rows.
2. Apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Insert > Insert Blank Rows & Columns.
3. In the Insert Blank Rows & Columns dialog box, select Blank rows from Insert type, and enter the numbers into Interval of and Rows box that you need. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK. One blank row has been inserted into at one interval. See screenshots:
Insert Blank Columns Every Other (Nth) Columns
Supposing you have a range of data, and you need to alternately insert 2 blank columns every other 2 columns. You can do it as this:
1. Highlight the range that you want to insert blank columns.
2. In the Insert Blank Rows & Columns dialog box, check Blank columns from Insert type, and specify the numbers (2) into Interval of and Columns box that you need. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK. And every two columns at two intervals have been inserted into the range. see screenshots: