How to transfer messages from Android to iPhone?
If you have got a new iOS device, then you might be having a similar doubt. Ideally, when we get a new smartphone, the first thing we do is the transfer of our important data. Since Android and iPhone devices run on different platforms, it can be tedious to move your files. For instance, you might find it hard to transfer messages from Android to iPhone. Don’t worry – in this guide, I’m going to make you familiar with two of these easy solutions for data transfer.
In this article:
How to Transfer Messages from Android to iPhone Manually?
To make it easier for users to set up a new iPhone, Apple provides several features to transfer their data. One of them is the Move to iOS app that lets us transfer messages from Android to iPhone easily. Apart from messages, you can also move contacts, Google account details, bookmarks, and so on. Here’s a step wise guide to use the Move to iOS app smartly.
1.Firstly, visit the Play Store on your Android and install the Move to iOS application on it.
2. Now, turn on your iPhone and while setting up your device, choose to move data from an Android.
3. A one-time code will be generated on your iPhone that you need to enter on your Android to establish a secure connection between both the devices.
4. Once your iPhone and Android are connected wirelessly, you can select the type of data you wish to move. Afterward, wait for a while and let the transfer process be completed.
- Only a few data types can be transferred using the Move to iOS app.
- Users often encounter compatibility issues with their data or their Android phones.
- Even after transferring the data, you might not able to access it on your iPhone.
- The overall process is time-consuming and a bit complicated.
The Easiest Way to Move Data from Android to iPhone: dr.fone – Phone Transfer
As you can see, it can be a bit complicated to transfer data from Android to iPhone using the Move to iOS app. Therefore, you can try a better alternative instead, which is dr.fone – Phone Transfer. It is a tried-and-tested solution that can transfer all kinds of data from one platform to another. Therefore, you can use it to learn how to transfer data from Android to Android, Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, and iPhone to iPhone.
- It is a part of the dr.fone toolkit that provides a one-click solution to transfer data between different devices.
- Using it, we can transfer data to new Android phone or iPhone from any source device (irrespective of its platform).
- It supports the transfer of all kinds of major data types like photos, videos, music, contacts, messages, bookmarks, call logs, calendar, reminders, and so on.
- It is compatible with 8000+ leading smartphone models (including the ones running on Android 10 and iOS 13).
To learn how to transfer messages from Android to iPhone (or any other data type) using dr.fone – Phone Transfer, the following steps can be taken:
Step 1: Launch the dr.fone – Phone Transfer application
To begin with, just go to the official website of dr.fone – Phone Transfer and install the application on your Mac or Windows system. Whenever you wish to transfer messages from Android to iPhone, launch the application and click on the “Phone Transfer” module from its home.
Step 2: Connect your Android and iOS device
Using working USB and lightning cables, you need to connect both the Android phone and iPhone to your system at the same time. The application will automatically detect both the connected devices and will mark them as either source or destination.
Since we wish to transfer messages from Android to iPhone, Android should be the source while iPhone should be the destination device. If not, use the “Flip” button to correct their placement.
Step 3: Transfer data from Android to iPhone
That’s it! Once both the Android device and iPhone are marked correctly, you can select the kind of data you wish to move. For instance, you can choose to transfer messages, contacts, photos, videos, call logs, and so on. After selecting what you wish to transfer, click on the “Start Transfer” button.
Now you can just wait for a while as dr.fone would transfer the selected data from your Android to iPhone model. When the process is completed, you will get the following prompt on the screen. You can now safely remove both the devices and access the transferred data on your iPhone.
There you go! Now when you know how to transfer messages from Android to iPhone in 2 different ways, you can easily meet your requirements. As you can see, dr.fone – Phone Transfer is a one-click solution to transfer all kinds of content seamlessly. Using it, you can also learn how to transfer data from Android to Android or any other device. Feel free to give it a try and transfer data to new Android phone or iPhone without any hassle.