In today’s date, Exchange server mailbox database dismounted is a very common issue for the server users. The main cause of this problem is corruption in EDB files, which is caused due to many reasons like virus attack on machine having server, improper memory management, sudden termination of the server, etc. Therefore, there is a need for solutions by which one can fix corrupted items in Exchange mailbox. One such approach is to use Exchange Recovery software, which repair corrupt EDB files and fix errors related to the server (caused due to corruption in EDB file). In this review page, we are going to discuss about this EDB Repair tool in brief.
In this article:
Exchange EDB File Recovery Tool
The tool is a standalone means to repair mailboxes of Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010, and all below versions. It recovers data from Exchange EDB file of any size and supports both private (priv.edb) as well as public (pub.edb) folders of Exchange. EDB Recovery application extracts same amount data from EDB file, as it was before corruption. The entire internal structure of mailboxes folders and sub-folders remain intact, either while repairing files or while saving data again directly to the Exchange server.
Versions of EDB Restore Tool
There are two versions of this application i.e., Free and Purchased version. Description of these product versions are described below:
- Free Version: The trial version of this software supports corrupted EDB file and upload entire data of files on its preview window. No matter what is size of file, the tool will support EDB file of any size. However, there are some limitations of this version that it does not provide option to split PST file and exports only 25 items/folder, at once.
- Licensed Version: The purchased version overcomes the limitation of EDB recovery tool freeware. A user can enjoy working of the application without any constraint and can extract & save data in multiple file formats. Moreover, with help of this version you can directly import complete data into Exchange mailbox.
The full Licensed version without limitation of free can be purchased at $299. But all iVoiceSoft’s readers can get more attractive price ($254.15 –
$299) with a special SysTools Exchange Recovery coupon!
Ultimate Features of EDB Repair Software
- Provide Multiple Options to Export EDB file: EDB Recovery software is capable of recovering data from corrupted EDB file and saving it into one of the 5 following ways:
- PST: To access mails in Outlook
- MSG: For operating emails in multiple applications, which supports MSG format
- EML: To save extracted data in .eml format
- Live Exchange: Directly import data to active Microsoft Exchange Mailbox
- PDF: Stores Exchange emails in portable format
- HTML: Save Exchange mails in HTML format
- Retrieve Mails From EDB File With Attachment: The Exchange emails having attachments with them can also be extracted with help of this utility. Moreover, a user can preview email attachments, before performing conversion. The mail attributes like From, size of email, receiving date, etc., all are loaded on the screen of Exchange EDB recovery software.
- Automatically Search EDB File From PC Drive: If a user is not able to determine location of EDB file then, the software provides an option of searching a file. This feature enable its users to directly search EDB file from local machine and load it into software panel. One only needs to select the drive of local machine and then application will itself perform rest of its functioning
- Displays Live Status While Exporting EDB File: After starting the procedure of export operation, a user will be able to see the live status of the operation taking place in this tool. The name of folder, number of item count, and destination path will be displayed in Exporting window. In addition, the software also provides a feature to retrieve data from EDB file even in absence of the Exchange server.
- Place the Extracted Data Straight In Exchange: The Exchange recovery tool provides option to directly place data into the server, which is proper configured in your machine. A user just needs to validate the mailbox name and then export data in desired folder. Therefore, you do not need to go through any type of complicated procedure for exporting file into the server.
Pros and Cons
- Does not include any type of PowerShell commands for working
- Works even in absence of the Exchange server environment
- Provides option to export Exchange EDB to multiple file formats
- Feature to export selective data from EDB file just by checking them
- Provides option to Split PST file while exporting EDB to PST format
- At once, only one EDB file can be selected for resolving corruption
Based on technicalities and interface of Exchange Recovery software, this product can be rated 9.8/10 because it has a limitation that it supports only one EDB file at a time. Apart from this, all features provided by this application are very much useful while dealing with corrupt EDB file and resolving errors, which are caused due to corruption in the server file.
Play below video to learn more how it works. SysTools Exchange Recovery – Repair from Dismounted & Offline EDB files:
Get it now: