Filmora (originally known as Wondershare Video Editor) is an all-rounded video editing software tool that is not only able to edit your short films, it also adds professional movie effects, as well as offers a bunch of interesting features to all video owners. Let us show you why it is so highly regarded as a versatile software product and whether it’s worth your money.
$69.99 for a lifetime license. But you can buy Filmora with 40% discount (Only $41) from Wondershare discount page or download free trial above (The trial version is functionally the same as the paid version except there is a watermark in the new output files.).
Other edition, Filmora 1-year license:
$39.99 discount to $27 (Discount link)
In this article:
Filmora product’s specifications
# OUTPUT FORMATS
- Common Video/Audio: WMV, AVI, MOV, FLV, MKV, MP4 Video(AVC), MP4 Video(Xvid), MP4 Video(MC), ASF, M4V, Xvid, DV, MPEG-1 NTSC, MPEG-1 PAL, MPEG-1 SECAM, MPEG-2 NTSC, MPEG-2 PAL, MPEG-2 SECAM, DVD-Video NTSC, DVD-Video PAL, HTML5, DVD-Video SECAM, MP3
- HD Video: TS, TRP, AVI, MP4, MPG, WMV, MOV
- DVD: DVD disc, DVD folder, ISO image file
- Devices: iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5 C, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPod nano, iPod touch, iPod classic, iPad, iPad 2, HTC, Galaxy S II, PSP, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, Zune, Zen, Archos
# INPUT FORMATS
- Video Formats: AVI, DV, DIF, NUT, H261, H264, NSV, FLV, MKV, MP4, M4V, PSP, 3GP, MOV, MPG, MPEG, VOB, DAT, EVO, RM, RMVB, TS, TP, TRP, M2TS, WMV, ASF, DVR-MS
- Audio Formats: AAC, AC3, APE, AIF, AIFF, FLAC, APE, CUE, AU, AMR, OGG, WAV, DPE, MKA, M4V, M4A, MPA, MP2, MP3, RA, WMA
- Photo Formats: JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG, JPE, GIF, DIB, JFIF, TIF, TIFF
# SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Operation systems: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
- Processor: Intel or AMD processor, 1GHz or above
- RAM: At least 512M physical RAM
Filmora is now compatible with Windows 10, with modern & simple UI.
Features a super intuitive user interface
The first impression I got while testing this program is its extraordinarily cool yet friendly interface. It was designed for serious video editors, but at the same time, it is still absolutely reachable for newbies.
From the beginning, users can pick whether they want to use Easy mode or Full feature mode for their tasks.
Easy mode shows most basic editing functions for quick use, and of course, for all new users.
And this is how Full feature mode looks like:
Includes bunches of fantastic video editing features
Besides basic editing functions like cut, paste, delete, trim, split, rotate, join, and the ability to adjust the video’s visual settings, Filmora also controls the speed at ease. Moreover, this software is capable of modifying your audio files to give you more detailed touches to the work.
To modify video and/or audio settings, click on the pen icon (Edit button) in basic editing tools above.
Offers a long list of gorgeous effects
This abundant menu of effects will definitely help you attracts more viewer for your masterpiece(s). Flash and hold feature to still your video screen by fading in and out.
*Note: Flash and Hold feature is available in Windows version only!
Overlay button is where you can create Picture In Picture (PIP) in your video.
Split screen feature helps users shown different perspectives and creates visual interests.
Tilt shift feature to add some style to your videos by easily transforming them into fun, tilt-shift style miniature scenes.
Screen detection will save your time editing by automatically scanning video clips for scene changes, put cuts for quick editing.
Filmora is ready to get installed on both Windows and MAC with full price for lifetime license is $69.99, but you can grab this cool program at a special discount below:
Creativity is precious, and every piece of art you create from Filmora can easily be share with your family, friends, and also reach the rest of the world via internet. There are numerous ways you can use to publish your work, for examples:
Check out the below video for a quick introduction on Filmora’s cool features:
To See how it work, check out sample clip How to replace Sound track in a video clip or add Audio to a clip
Read our tutorials to see how Filmora works with your video projects:
- Add/replace audio in a video file
- Add stunning transitions to media files
- Trim, split, rotate and join video clips
- Add text to your video clip
- Display multiple clips in one video screen step-by-step
- How to add special effects to video
- Create Spookiest Videos With Halloween Effects
- Create a video for Halloween using Filmora
- How to Play Videos in Reverse
Filmora is really a solid video editor that gives you a fully stacked feature set. What it has in store only help users fulfill their tasks, but more than that, it brings great space for creativity. After a test on this program, I believe that professional filmmakers now have no worries about finding an “assistant” for themselves. And if you’re a new user around here, this is absolutely an adventure worth your time.
CNET – Geared to the first-time non-linear video editor, Wondershare Filmora Video Editor provides all the freedom you need to arrange clips and music with a wealth of available filters and transitions. This is a beautiful and capable piece of software.